donderdag 12 april 2012

Terpsichore


Later in the day when my scent had faded I decided to wear something different. I found Terpsichore in the same box and it smelled good enough to wear in the evening. I do take into consideration that any scent I use later in the day will still be with me when I go to sleep. 


Terpsichore is one of the nine muses, she rules over dance and the dramatic chorus. She is often depicted holding a lyre, as can be seen in the picture below. She is sometimes said to be the mother of the Sirens by Achelos. BPAL mentions this in the description of the scent, but since this scent has been discontinued in January 2008 you will not find the description on the website. The poem is part of 'An Ode to Music' by James G. Percival.
And when Terpsichore, with iris-plume,
Bade o'er her lute her rosy fingers fly;
'T was pleasure all -- the fawns in mingled choirs,
Glanced on the willing nymphs their wanton fires,
Joy shook his glittering pinions as he flew;
The shout of rapture and the song of bliss,
The sportive titter and the melting kiss,
All blended with the smile, that shone like early dew.

The Whirler! She is the Muse of Dance and the Dramatic Chorus. She holds both a lyre and a plectrum. 
Terpsichore is the mother of the Sirens by Achelous, the River God. Bright, joyful and expressive, her scent is kinetically charged, graceful, and an inspiration to all dancers: vanilla and carnation with neroli, iris, stephanotis, sweet pea, apple blossom and palmarosa.
   The imp that I have is of course aged, as the scent has been discontinued for more than 4 years and this imp may have been from an earlier date (as early as 2005 when it was released). This may be the reason that unlike most of the reviews that were written in 2005 the scent does not start with an obvious neroli for me. It is there, but in a floral mix, it doesn't stand out. The iris mentioned must be iris root, because when the scent has dried I get an orris note. It is rather powdery by then, but not unpleasant. The scent has become more quiet, one might say, with age.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Aha, so only faint, sweet music? I was sorry when the Muses were discontinued, I liked Urania a lot.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I must try Urania again, I think I was not very fond of her the last time I tried. If she still doesn't work on me you can have the rest of the imp.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen