donderdag 5 april 2012

Absinthe


I remember, some years ago, how some friends at a forum discussed different brands of Absinthe. The important thing was which one would be most hallucinogenic. I think I bought my bottle according to that advice, but I never had any hallucinations. I didn't even have more exotic dreams! But perhaps I should have drunk more of it. 


The BPAL scent Absinthe smells, not surprisingly, like absinthe. In fact I think if I spilled my glass of absinthe over my clothes I would probably smell just the same as with the scent on my wrist. And although it may be admirable that the perfume smells so much like the drink, it doesn't make it a desirable perfume for me. I might as well just spill some of the drink. I am still a little curious about the other absinthe based scents, La Fee Verte and L'Heure Verte. I have read they are rather different. The perfume Absinthe advertises itself as: An intoxicating blend containing wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop and the barest hint of lemon. And although I quite like the way the drink smells and, as they smell much the same, the way this perfumes smells, I prefer the drink over the perfume. I think I'd rather smell of Absinth because I drank it, than because I dabbed on a perfume smelling like it.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten