dinsdag 24 april 2012

Blue Lotus


The blue lotus has been appreciated for its scent for thousands of years. It shows up on ancient Egyptian murals and papyrus manuscripts. It also showed up for me the first and only time I saw something while scrying in a black bowl filled with water. I had to search for pictures on the internet to find out what the name of the flower was that I had seen. This makes it a rather special flower for me and I hope one day I shall see it covering the surface of the water as I have seen on photographs:


Alkemia named a scent Blue Lotus and of course I had to try it. The scent has the kind of sweetness that often puts me off in a perfume. I haven't found out yet what that sweet note is, it might be sweet flag root which I have not smelled on its own yet. However, I have had this scent for almost a year now and today the sweetness has subdued enough for me to really like the scent. Alkemia's description is:
Blue lotus flowers are some of the deepest and most ancient symbols for luminous beauty of the spirit. A delicately mysterious blend of Egyptian blue water musk, blue lotus flowers, antique papyrus, pale white Nile flowers, sweet flag root, and white sandalwood. 
It stays rather close to the skin and it fades quickly, I am already thinking of reapplying and it hasn't been on my skin for more than two hours now. But it is a quite beautiful scent, watery as is fitting for a flower like the blue lotus. But watery in a different way from most perfumes. This is a kind of watery scent that I like.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten