maandag 9 april 2012

Mme Moriarty, Misfortune Teller



I knew this morning that I needed Mme Moriarty. I wanted a sweet and spicy and warm scent. It is hard to think of misfortune with a scent that smells so good. To me this is comforting, warm, adventurous too. I could see a fortune teller in a dimly lit tent on a fair, or a small room in a house that was found in a narrow alley with smelly full trashcans and mangy street cats. The room or the tent would smell of incense and burning candles and there would be deep red drapes and half visible objects of uncertain origin. But the scent suggests to me that there would be no ill fortune told or it would leave some hope and more than that. This scent would simply tell me that all would be well, perhaps after some difficulties, but in the end all would be well. Or at least it would be well if I would do the right thing to make it so.

In fact I am thinking of a fortune teller like Madam Karitska, although she would probably not smell like this. If you don't know who Madam Karitska is, look here.


An earlier entry about Mme Moriarty can be found here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten