woensdag 11 april 2012

Men Ringing Bell with Penises




For obvious reasons the picture above is cropped, the complete picture can be found here. It is another Shunga scent from BPAL's 2008 series and one I only have a used half decant of. I am sorry about that because it is a very nice scent. I did not choose it expecting I would be very fond of it, I merely chose it for the name. And the first time I tried it I did not particularly like it. Perhaps because I was so smitten with Harikata that I couldn't appreciate this very different composition. Or perhaps my taste has changed. Because I rather like it now. The description is:
Green sandalwood, rice wine, black tea, tonka, and moss.
In the reviews many mention a citrus note that is not in the description. I don't get any citrus but of course the scent is aged now. Although I do get the grapefruit in Screeching Parrot which is just as aged. To me this is a rather gentle grey-green scent with a little sweetness that is no doubt the tonka. There might be some pine in it which might have caused the citrus idea earlier. Now it just blends with the moss. This scent reminds me more of old men sitting on the stone bench under the ancient tree on the market place discussing the facts of life with the wisdom that comes with age, than of men so excited the ring a bell with their penises. Perhaps it was different when it was fresh, the scent itself has aged so perhaps the men as well. Or perhaps I find so much comfort in scents that I judge them as comforting rather than arousing. But whether the scent covers the name and the picture or not, it is a wel blended scent and I would not mind having more than just 1/8 ml of it.


Tonka beans.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten