vrijdag 27 april 2012

Tanuki No Dôke Daruma


This is a raccoon dog having his scrotum painted in imitation of a daruma doll. A Daruma doll, also known as a Dharma doll, is a hollow, round, Japanese traditional doll modeled after the founder of the Zen sect of Buddhism, Bodhidharma. These dolls are usually red with a bearded face after the image of Bodhidharma.



Above is the image of Bodhidharma in a woodprint by Yoshitoshi, below is the picture of a Daruma doll:


The scent's description is:
Red currant, champaca flower, apple blossom and apple pulp, goma, tomato leaf, and brown grasses.
The red current for the color of the doll of course and perhaps the tomato leaf too although only the tomato is usually round and red, not its leaves. I am sorry to say that I do not smell tomato leaves at all in the scent. Nor any brown grasses, nor champaca flower. Goma I suppose is sesame, which I do not smell either. What I do smell is a fresh almost cologne-like scent. It is not unpleasant (and I admit it is rare for me to find a cologne-like scent anything but unpleasant), but that is all I can say about it now. I'll give it some time, I could imagine the sesame and tomato leave to need some time to age. But I think this Tanuki fooled me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten