zondag 15 april 2012

Flamenco



Today I chose a scent from Midnight Gypsy Alchemy, my favourite scent of this small natural perfume apothecary. What I like about Midnight Gypsy is that the perfumes are completely natural, but I trust that the perfumes from Black Phoenix are so too. But Midnight Gypsy's perfumes always have something that has been steeped in oil in their own apothecary. The scents are less concentrated than BPAL's, but they come in a roll on bottle that can easily be carried along to reapply. Recently a more concentrated version has also come available, but mine are from before that time.


Flamenco is a festive summer scent to me. And indeed in winter I was less inclined to wear it, although I have worn it at night hoping it would give me pleasant dreams. This april day was cold, but there was sun and Flamenco was like a herald of summer. The description is:
Sensual and bold, yet soft and feminine. A unique and dark blend of creme floral notes made with jasmine, vanilla and rose absolutes, essential oils in sandalwood and sweet orange, benzoin and amber resins infused with vanilla beans and orange peels . 
This is a very well blended scent that never fails to lift my spirit. There is the rose of course, rose is a well known lifter of spirits. But rose can be very strong in a scent which often puts people off. This however is a soft rose, as it is softened by the sweeter notes. But it is also made rounder by the orange. I often think of this scent as the colour orange, but then I smell the rose and think it must be pink. Perhaps it is both, with a bit of green too and below it the brown base of the sandalwood. Like the guitar gives a base to the moving colours of the Flamenco dancer.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten