woensdag 18 april 2012

Ancient Oak


Yesterday I tested The Witch's Garden and I had the idea that it had some similarities to Ancient Oak from Midnight Gypsy Alchemy. And I was right, some of the green notes must be the same in both. But which? The description of Ancient Oak is:
A mystic green yet powdery sweet scent that captures the magical and mythical element of the ancient oak. A blend made with oak moss and balsam peru resin, vanilla absolute, infused with fig fruit extract, real figs, green tea leaves and vanilla beans.
I am quite sure they must share the oak moss and perhaps the tea. I would say the peru balsam and vanilla are not in The Witch's Garden, the Ancient Oak is sweeter. And I think they might share more notes than just the two mentioned. But I shall have to learn more about green notes before I shall know which.


I love Ancient Oak not only for how it smells but also for the image of the Oak. Oak is a special tree to me, or perhaps I should say there is a special Oak in my life. It is not quite as ancient as the one in the photo above, but it is a tree I have to visit whenever I am in its country. Ancient Oak reminds me of my friend the Oak. Although it is not possible to follow the advise that the Ancient Oak of the scent gives:
"Come lay beneath my shaded leaves as the sun is setting in sky, listen as the wind tells the story of many ancient days gone by."
My friend the Oak stands on the side of a mountain, a bit to the side of a path with other oaks and with many hazels and other trees and shrubs that together build shade. At its foot many ants live and they do not appreciate it when a human lies down on their dwellings. You can see them walk up and down the trunk of the Oak, his presence the ants appreciate as much as I do.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten