zaterdag 7 april 2012

Crossroads


Crossroads surprised me. It was one of the first scents I liked and I knew I had taken it with me together with Oya. Somehow I thought they were both spicy, like Oya. But the first thing I smelled in Crossroads was (I think) nightblooming jasmine! So I went for the description, and indeed no spices are mentioned but instead a twilit garden in which the flower I smelled might well bloom: 
The forks of the road: an in-between place, sacred and tangibly magickal in innumerable cultures and faiths. This scent is dark with mystery, taut with power. A chill twilit garden of blooms over dry earth and mosses, heavily laden with incense and offertory herbs.
Crossroads always reminded me of the picture above, which is the card of The Knower from the Dreampower Tarot by R.J. Stewart (images by Stuart Littlejohn). This is not a traditional tarot, as one might already know from the name of the card. The inspiration for this deck was the question: what kind of tarot would the people use who are depicted on (traditional) tarot cards? It is interesting to see that the picture of The Knower fits so well the description of of the BPAL scent. The Knower stands on the crossroads in the twilight. There is one thing about the picture though, which always bothered me. In the description of the card:  
The arms point up two of the reads, while the outstretched legs straddle the other two, thus the body turns at the waist. 
I would have liked to see that in the card. I miss the twist at the waist and the legs and arms pointing in different directions. What I do like is this:
 There are storm clouds and a turbulent sky with high random winds.
This reminds me of Oya and is perhaps why in my mind the two scents were related. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten