maandag 3 september 2012

Cheshire Cat


I would have sworn I wrote about Cheshire Cat before, but I can't find it so apparently I did not. I wrote about Two, Five and Seven and mentioned the cat there, perhaps that is why I think I wrote about the unstable but ever grinning feline.

As you can read in the post about Two, Five and Seven I did not like the Cheshire Cat when I was young. I thought he had a rather scary grin and perhaps, knowing my imagination, it was too easy for me to imagine its grin somewhere in the bushes, a grin without a cat. These days I would love to see that grin, with or without the cat. 

Looking at the picture again it may have been the eyes rather than the grin that I feared when I was young. Have a look at those eyes, they are certainly not cat's eyes. And I knew what cat's eyes looked like, I grew up with  a cat, the black cat Flipje. That is a Dutch name as I am Dutch, it might be easier for English speaking people to call the cat Flippie which was probably what I tried to say when I was three or four, because photographs showing me and the cat together come with a text calling the cat Hippie. I don't know what happened to Hippie, he probably disappeared, either through a traffic accident or because our house got too crowded with little children. 

I would have to pick up Alice in Wonderland again to know if the Cheshire Cat was described as a marmelade cat. It is how I always imagined him: a big orange cat with a wide grin. His BPAL scent is odd, but I find myself liking it much more than I expected. And of course, odd is quite right for a Cheshire cat.
Grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, Roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender.
I usually don't like lavender or chamomile in my scents, but in the Cheshire Cat they give something powdery yet fresh to the grapefruit and red currant. Those two were a surprise for me when I read the notes, before that I thought I was smelling orange. This summer I am very fond of citrus scents and Cheshire Cat might reach my list of most favorite scents. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten