vrijdag 7 september 2012

Imperious Tiger Lily


After Voodoo Lily and Black Lily I thought I should continue with the other lilies I have. Today it is the Imperious Tiger Lily, the Tiger Lily Alice met in the Garden of Live Flowers. Originally BPAL had a tiger lily that was plainly called Tiger Lily, but it was discontinued long before I discovered BPAL. The scent that replaced it was Imperious Tiger Lily. However, in the boxes with (partial) imps that were my first introduction to the scents of Black Phoenix there was an imp of the original Tiger Lily. Not knowing how rare it was even then I took it with me on vacation as one of the four scents I carried with me. I ended up wearing hardly any of the others and returned with a near empty imp and a fierce love for Tiger Lily. It would have been my first bottle, had it still been available. But because I loved it so much, I never could appreciate its impperious successor. Which was not fair at all, because one of the differences between the two is in the ginger that the imperious has and I happen to love ginger scents (although perhaps not then, my taste develops).
Tiger-lily, ginger root, neroli, purple fruits, and frankincense.

The picture above shows the lily as a tiger face with tiger stripes. Which is what one would expect with the name, but in fact the tiger lily has dots rather than stripes. What would have been the reason to call it a tiger lily? The colour, which is usually orange? Was 'tiger' an easier name than 'panther' or 'leopard'? Leopard Lily doesn't sound bad at all, I would say. Or did the name-giver not know that tigers have stripes, not dots?



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten