zaterdag 8 september 2012

Tiger Lily


When I wore Tiger Lily the day after her Imperious relative the difference was obvious: Imperious Tiger Lily is a very nice scent, but Tiger Lily makes me happy. It has take me quite some time to discover that there are scents that actually do that: some scents make me happy. This is a irrational thing: there may be hardly a difference between that scent and another one and yet only one of them has the effect of making me happy. Tiger Lily is such a scent.
A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.
It sounds more different from the Imperious than it smells, but one thing is very true: Tiger Lily is much more gentle than the Imperious One. The Imperious Tiger Lily is snappy, it has the bite of the ginger. Tiger Lily is gentle. There isn't an obvious honey note, which is a good thing for me because I am not overly fond of honey notes. But Tiger Lily certainly has gentleness.



I had read in reviews that Al-Araaf was much like Tiger Lily, so the day after Tiger Lily I started to wear Al-Araaf. But the first sniff from the bottle already told me it was not at all like Tiger Lily. How could I have agreed with those reviews? Al-Araaf is a very nice scent, but I must have forgotten how Tiger Lily really smelled when I thought Al-Araaf could replace it. http://scentwise.blogspot.com/2012/03/al-araaf.html

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten