zaterdag 12 mei 2012

Two, Five and Seven

'Would you tell me,' said Alice, a little timidly, 'why you are painting those roses?'
Five and Seven said nothing, but looked at Two. Two began in a low voice, 'Why the fact is, you see, Miss, this here ought to have been a red rose-tree, and we put a white one in by mistake; and if the Queen was to find it out, we should all have our heads cut off, you know. So you see, Miss, we're doing our best, afore she comes, to — ' At this moment Five, who had been anxiously looking across the garden, called out 'The Queen! The Queen!' and the three gardeners instantly threw themselves flat upon their faces. There was a sound of many footsteps, and Alice looked round, eager to see the Queen.
Of course I have read Alice in Wonderland, but loving the scent named Two, Five and Seven from BPAL's Mad Tea Party made me want to reread it. Alice in Wonderland is probably one  of those books one can not read too often, but for me it was about time to reread it. I could not even remember when I last read it. Still, the characters from the book have been part of my life for as long as I can remember. I can not remember when I first saw the picture of the caterpillar smoking a waterpipe on a mushroom, or those of the Cheshire cat disappearing until there was nothing left but his grin. I did not like the Cheshire Cat much when I was young, I thought he had a scary kind of grin.




A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose…

…and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.
It's not because the description says so, this really smells like roses and green foliage to me, not so much green grasses but rather the green leaves of the roses. Two weeks ago I bought Rose otto essential oil from Romantic Nature and it smells to me like roses and their green leaves, so I wonder if one of the rose oils in this scent is like the one I bought. I couldn't think of what would give the green part of the scent if it were another plant. But there is much about essential oils that I don't know.
What I do know is that this is by far my favorite rose scent and I have tried quite a few from BPAL as well as other perfumers. It smells like roses after a short summer rain storm, very fresh and alive roses with fresh green leaves.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten