donderdag 6 september 2012

Black Lily

Black Calla Lily

When I wrote about the Voodoo Lily yesterday, I found that the Dracunculus vulgaris is not only called Voodoo Lily but also Black Lily (as well as many other names). I remembered I also have an imp of the BPAL scent Black Lily, so I decided to wear that today. Fortunately I had gathered all my scents with Lily in their name in one box, for it would have been quite a search if I hadn't. 

BPAL does not mention in the description which lily inspired the scent, but I think it wasn't Dracunculus but the Black Calla Lily. I might be wrong, but I do like the picture of the Calla Lily and it seems to fit the description:
Breathtaking darkness, a vision of grace in shadow.
Black Lily is a surprisingly soft and powdery lily scent. I think I may like it even more than Voodoo Lily. But it will have to pass the itches test first. I liked Black Lotus but had very itchy wrists the next day and it took a few days before that came to a rest. It may not have been in the 'Black' at all, but I am cautious now.

The Black Arum Lily below (I think) is the Dracunculus. It looks much like yesterday's picture and Dracunculus is an arum lily. It's not very black in this picture, but it has the same shape.

Black Arum Lily

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten