dinsdag 18 september 2012

Supervillainess


Looking back at the scents I wore yesterday it was an interesting trinity: Lilith, Queen and to finish it off Supervillainess. This one is not a BPAL scent, but one from the soap-maker Villainess. Villainess has the GC scent Villainess, but for their anniversary they offered the LE Supervillainess. Villainess scents do not always agree with me. I am not sure if this is in the essential oils used or in the carrier oil. But I rather liked Villainess, although its leather note is sharper than BPAL's leather note, and Supervillainess added coffee and chocolate to that. Now BPAL's chocolate is a horror of plastic fake on me, but I had tried Dulces en Fuego (I don't think I wrote about that one) and it smelled like real chocolate. Although the chocolate part faded too quickly on me, I wasn't afraid to try Supervillainess. And she did not diappoint me: Supervillainess is leather and coffee and chocolate (though not strong on the chocolate), tough and sweet at the same time. 

The only problem is that she doesn't want to be stopped, literally: the rubber stopper refuses to go back into the tiny 2ml bottle and is launched when I try. I have to maneuvre a toothpick between the stopper and the glass while I push in the stopper, carefully allowing some air to leave the bottle, and then retract the toothpick without allowing the stopper to come along with it. I am sure this will only be a problem until the space for trapped air will be large enough, but with a 2ml bottle this might not be before it is finished. But it's worth the struggle.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten