zondag 6 mei 2012

Cambienne Bête Noire


I came across the Possets scent Cambienne in the variation Bête Noire through an eBay auction. Before that I had heard of Possets, but only as one of quite a few perfumers making oil based perfumes like BPAL but different. When I read about the Cambiennes I got interested. Fabienne who is Possets perfume describes it as follows:
Cambienne is a fragrance which I change over the course of the year. It follows a theme that I set which could be as universal as the changing of the season, to the journey of life that a woman takes, or it might reflect a novelette which I have included for amusement. In any case, it will be beautiful and each new version of Cambienne builds on the previous one. They are all created in the Master Flask which is replenished and changed to the new version when it is drawn down sufficiently. This happens under the dictates of demand and my creative tendencies so I cannot promise a specific Cambienne to you, but you will get the one which is in production at the time you order it. I think you will be charmed by the risk and by the concept and by the beauty of Cambienne.
I was fascinated. I bought the bottle on eBay and the next thing that happened was that it got lost. All of my mail in that period got lost and I had to submit a complain to the postal services before my mail started to arrive again. New mail. This bottle remained somewhere in limbo for several more weeks, but finally it arrived as the last one of the series of lost packages.


I tested it some days ago on a day when I tested several scents: link and I didn't really like it then. Today it is much the same, it is probably the combination of something sweet and the black pepper. It is a strange combination. Strange, but fascinating. It is both the scent that fascinates me and the process of its creation. So although I do not really like it I keep wearing it, because it fascinates me. And I might even learn to like it some day. 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten