donderdag 17 mei 2012

Harikata


Harikata was not the first perfume carrying osmanthus that I smelled, but it was the first time I knew it. It made me search for more perfumes with osmanthus. So for today I found some pictures of the fragrant osmanthus, Osmanthus fragrans. There are several other species of osmanthus, even one called devilwood, but I think it is the sweet osmanthus that is in my perfume. And this species can have flowers in a few different colors: some shrubs or trees have white flowers, some have pale yellow flowers, some have yellow and some have orange flowers.


In Chinese, the plant is called  () or guìhuā (桂花), and its flowers, called guì huā (桂花, literally "cinnamon flower" or "cassia flower") are used, infused with green or black tea leaves, to create a scented tea called guì huā chá (桂花茶). (source)
The name 'cinnamon flower' is interesting, as the same article tells us the flowers carry the scent of ripe peaches or apricots. But perhaps the scent is perceived differently by different noses.


Another entry about the perfume Harikata can be found here.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten