zondag 27 mei 2012

Oak Moon


This is rather out of season for Oak Moon (which was the full moon in November) and in fact I went to my scents to wear Atlas, but as so often I suddenly changed my mind and Oak Moon it was, the first scent I bought directly from the lab and unsmelled too, because for a moon you only have three days, the days of that full moon. But somehow I knew I would love this scent and I was right. The perfume came with the poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson:
 The Oak
Live thy Life,
Young and old,
Like yon oak,
Bright in spring,
Living gold;

Summer-rich
Then; and then
Autumn-changed
Soberer-hued
Gold again.

All his leaves
Fall’n at length,
Look, he stands,
Trunk and bough
Naked strength.
Of course I love oaks in general and one special Oak in particular. And the move from Atlas to Oak Moon was not too strange either, because another reason for me to buy Oak Moon was that it had notes similar to Atlas, which I had not bought when it was available. 
Eternally evolving, blooming in power and grace: acorns, oak leaves, oak bark, and oak sap rising through a mist of traditional lunar oils.
Well, in fact it is only one note, the oak bark, but it was an extra reason to take the risk and buy Oak Moon unsniffed. And I did not regret it.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten