donderdag 3 mei 2012

Fairy Bites


It has been some time since I last saw Labyrinth (I think I saw it twice). So I refreshed my memory by watching this trailer on youtube. I think I could have watched the complete movie starting here, but I did not intend to spend that much time watching today. Besides, it is always better on a larger screen. The biting fairy after which this scent is named is not very important in the story. I think she was chosen because most of us expect fairies to be like Sarah expected them to be:
‎"It bit me!"

"What did you expect fairies to do?"

"I thought they did nice things.
Like — like granting wishes."

"Shows what you know, don't it?”
This fairy bit when Sarah came too close. But she is not a bad creature, just... careful I suppose. It is not safe to be too trusting when you have the size of a dragonfly. The scent's description too shows that this fairy is not an evil creature, although she does have a dangerous edge:
Osmanthus and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid.
I have no idea how a Dracula orchid smells, but there is indeed such a plant. In fact it is a whole Genus consisting of 118 species!  They are not named after the notorious vampire, according to this wikipedia page their name simply means little dragon. The plants have been given this name "because of the strange aspect of the two long spurs of the sepals," the sepals being the green outermost leaves of the flower. However there is a species that is actually named Dracula vampira, so those who gave names were no entirely ignoring our famous Count.


Dracula vampira


The scent starts out smelling mostly of peppermint with a hint of lavender. After a while some sweeter, fruity notes come into play. I suppose that must be the raspberry, I don't really smell the honey in this mix. But even then the osmanthus is already there. It only gets stronger with time and after an hour I smell osmanthus with probably something more, but primarily osmanthus. Since I bought a decant of this hoping for osmanthus I can really smell I am very happy with this. I am afraid this is another scent for my wishlist.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten