maandag 28 mei 2012

Screeching Parrot


I started the day with Titania's partner Oberon, but he was too much a men's cologne for me. The reviews differ on this, to many it's a wonderful scent and some compare it to Old Spice. I must be in the last group. I would not have guessed it from the description: "Orchid, white musk, and bergamot wafting over juniper berries, with a gentle touch of soft, earthy patchouli", and I have no idea what makes it so for me. Perhaps it is the combination of juniper and bergamot, or perhaps the white musk. Whatever it was, it made me go for something different which was the loud parrot.

The day was warm and sunny which goes really well with the tropical Screeching Parrot. I much enjoy its bitterness which is probably more than just the grapefruit.
Golden rum, apricot liquor, pineapple, pomegranate, ginger, brandy, grapefruit, and pink lime.
It is hard to say with notes so obviously created from material different from their name, but I think the lime may add to the bitterness, although lime in itself is not bitter and I have never heard of pink lime. Or it may be any of the alcoholic notes. I don't really smell ginger in the parrot's scent, but it may very well be part of why I love it.

Screeching Parrots must be a real problem outside the tropical paradise scene. I found many websites on the subject and particularly on methods to make the parrot stop his noise. I suppose parrots kept all alone in a cage or on a perch must be bored to a stage that in humans  would be recognised as a psychological condition. Their screeching can probably be compared to a zoo confined polar bear's continuous head movement. But of course it is much more annoying to its surroundings. Which in fact gives the parrot more power than the polar bear.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten