zondag 20 mei 2012

La Mariposa  


Today I am again wearing La Mariposa from Midnight Gypsy Alchemy. It was quite a change from what I had been wearing the days before and it took me some time to fully appreciate it. But the blue lotus, vanilla and labdanum are very pretty together and they are what I smell strongest in this scent. Although I do get the basil when I put my nose to my wrist. The grapefruit no doubt adds to the freshness of this blend, but it is not overwhelmingly present.

When I posted the name 'La Mariposa' on Facebook I was asked 'Did you call me?' by someone who used the name Mariposa as a nick on an internet forum where we both used to be active. I hope this will not hurt her feelings, but if I thought about anyone with the name La Mariposa it was not her, but a young girl who loves to dance and who shall one day play her part in a book I still mean to write. Mariposa is not her real name, but it is the name everybody calls her. Perhaps because she dances like a butterfly. Or perhaps because for some reason people often smile when she is there, as if she lightens hearts just like a butterfly does. By which I do not mean to say she is like an angel, she knows much too well what she wants. Which is, when you think of it, not a bad habit at all.

So this is to Mariposa the girl, who once painted with make up a blue butterfly on the head of a very patient man who allowed this because he knew it would make her mother smile.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten