dinsdag 22 mei 2012

Tiki Queen


Let me begin by telling you that the the statue in the middle of the picture above is indeed a Tiki, but the woman to the left of it is not a Tiki Queen. Black Phoenix had a Tiki Queen, Tiki King and Tiki Princess in their Atomic Luau Lounge series, but there don't seem to be or have been people bearing this title. I found a restaurant with the name Tiki Queen and a shop for ukeleles and an Etsy shop called Tiki King. Also a lot of pictures of scantily dressed women draped horizontally in tropical surroundings showed up when I googled for Tiki Queen, but none of them looked like they came from Tahiti. So this picture, which may be a postcard the way it is designed, was the best I could find. 

So I'll go to the description of the scent, which is:
Monoi de Tahiti, vanilla, white coconut, tuberose, ylang ylang, white musk, red hibiscus, and neroli.
I am sorry I don't really smell the monoi de Tahiti and I am glad I don't smell coconut. In fact I smell mostly something I thought was a red currant note but which is probably the red hibiscus (although I never caught a red hibiscus on being very scented). It is a perfect scent for a warm day and today was uncommonly warm for our country. I enjoyed both the humid warmth and the perfume. It was a 2008 Limited Edition and I only have a sample of it, so when it's gone it's gone. I think that is a good way to deal with something as fleeting as a good scent and a warm day in May.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten