zaterdag 31 maart 2012

Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono



When I found out I liked the Water Dragon very much I worried that I would like it more than the Lady. But I love them both, each time I love the one I am wearing most no matter which one it is. And today it is the Lady, because her bottle finally arrived after two weeks and four days. I think I said so before, but I had never expected to love the scent of peony as much as I do.


Of course, wearing the same scent more often, it gets harder to write about it again. And those I love much will get a lot of posts. So what can I tell about the Lady today? The picture above is Chinese. Although the scent is based on a Japanese Shunga, there are many more peony picture made in China than there have been painted in Japan. China is larger of course, which may account for part of this difference. But perhaps the peony is more a Chinese flower than a Japanese one. I found many Chinese species of peonies while searching for them.  And apparently the Chinese people appreciated the peony enough to paint it often. There even are many stamps that are decorated with a peony flower.




Two earlier entries about the Lady can be found here: 1  2

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten