zondag 25 maart 2012

Hairy Toad Lily



Hairy Toad Lily was the second scent I fell very much in love with. I still have to smell my first real Hairy Toad Lily, so I have no idea if it smells like the BPAL creation. It would be wonderful if it does and I hope to find out some day. There are no notes for this scent, unless "spotty, hairy, purple, sweet" are notes. For me it is a scent that both comforts me and adds some sillyness to my day, something that helps to take things less seriously, to make a joke out of a complication. You might say that Hairy Toad Lily is my jester (mind you: the lab also had a scent called Jester, don't confuse the two). 


It's the name as well of course: you can't help but picturing a hairy toad when you hear it. It is probably the lily that is hairy, the leaves perhaps because the flower looks rather smooth to me. But a hairy toad is a funny idea. 
Of course nothing can be so funny and unreal or it already exists and indeed there is a frog that is called 'hairy frog' (Trichobatrachus robustus). It is not really covered with hair, but 
breeding males also develop – somewhat hair-like – dermal papillae that extend along the flanks and thighs. (source)
Hairy Toad Lily is also a sunny scent. When I smell it, it is summer, even in winter. It is warm and sweet indeed but as in a sweet lily, and light hearted. I could imagine the hairy toad flying off as a purple spotted butterfly, such lightness I smell in this scent. It is exactly what I need today.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten