vrijdag 16 maart 2012

Water Dragon again




I really am in love with this Water Dragon. And I could have known, Water Dragon has been in my life for even longer than Cobra. When my partner and I had been together for only one or two years we went to Paris on a cheap bus, riding through the night and arriving at dawn after little sleep. We walked through the city that was just waking up. There were vendors on the sidewalks, with just some sort of low tray showing their merchandise and I was looking at different silver rings each with a jade stone when I saw the water dragon. It had very tiny jade stones for eyes, so it wasn't much for the stone but I loved the dragon. My partner bought it for me. Only a few years I didn't wear it, but it went through most that I went through and a few things that were worse for it than for me. It had not cost much because it was very thin, especially the part that was at the inside of the finger. The dragon's head easily got caught and then the ring was torn out of shape or worse, it broke. Fortunately I had a sister who was studying to be a goldsmith, she repaired it each time, finally giving it a stronger back and bending the head closer to my finger so it would not be caught so easily.


It has been about 25 years since I got my silver water dragon. Its eyes left its sockets within a few weeks and were never found, they were no more than pinpoints. But the little black holes that were left worked as eyes just as well. The spikes on its back took more time, but they are all worn off and his back is smooth now. Only on his nose and tail a few indentations show that once he had spikes. He is not as good looking as he was when he found his way to my hand. But he has the magic of his wearing. And  he was the beginning of my love for dragons.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten