zaterdag 17 maart 2012

Screeching Parrot


(Photo by Mark Thompson)

The sun is shining again and although the trees are still bare I am dreaming of summer. I wanted to wear green and the Screeching Parrot. I got an imp of this and I think it was a freebie as it is not a scent I would have chosen from the description:
Golden rum, apricot liquor, pineapple, pomegranate, ginger, brandy, grapefruit, and pink lime.
But I liked it so much that I bought a bottle of it when I saw someone selling one. It is a discontinued scent from the discontinued series Atomic Luau Lounge. I think I like it because I like grapefruit scents, I don't recognize the booze smell it is supposed to have.


Grapefruit in a perfume seems to make a woman seem younger.  The Smell and Taste Institute in Chicago explored the question of what makes a woman smell youthful but not girlish. They found that men estimating the ages of women wearing grapefruit thought them, on the average, 6 years younger than they really were. I found this information in the Etsy shop of Alkemia: here at the page of a scent I still have to try. 


Being estimated younger than my real age is not why I like a perfume with grapefruit. I just like the smell of grapefruit, it's freshness with a bitter edge. Besides, I am estimated younger whether I wear grapfruit or not. I suppose it is that I refuse to act my age.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten