dinsdag 13 maart 2012





Voodoo


With my 90% filled bottle of The Marquis de Carabas I got 5 imps which I could choose and Voodoo was one of my choices. The lab description is: 
A midnight scent, evoking images of flickering golden firelight reflecting off the sheen of glistening skin and the jerking shadows of bodies suffused with spiritual ecstasy. A deep, powerful, resonant blend of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove.
I like to use quite a bit of a scent, but Voodoo is so strong that even a little bit whacked me in the face when I put it on. So I left it at that. It smelled indeed powerful and deep, but after a few minutes something soapy crept in. I started to worry, I really thought I would like this scent. But when I looked at the notes I thought it might be the lime (I didn't like the lime in Lysander) and I hoped that the spicy notes of Voodoo would balance it out. Which they did. And now I smell something that might well find its way to my list of real favorites.


It would be nice if the scent could do some voodoo for me. But perhaps I'd have to dance in the firelight first. 


Not at all related with the scent itself, but related to its name, is this etsy shop: ConjuredCardea I haven't bought anything here, but it looks interesting.


(The picture above is from the BPAL website.) 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten