donderdag 15 maart 2012

Water Dragon



The dragon surprised me. This is the Chinese year of the Dragon and it is a Water year, according to this wikipedia page it is Yang Water because the year ends in 2. Since the Dragon in itself is yang, it must be a very yang year, whatever that may mean.


The description of the lab for Water Dragon is: 
A new year's blessing! Peony, China's national flower, with bamboo for flexibility, Buddha's Hand for introspective spiritual growth, plum blossom for perseverance, courage, and hope, coconut for camaraderie, chrysanthemum for a life free of grief and struggle, tangerine and orchid for wealth, orange for happiness, lychee for household peace, pine resin for constancy, golden kumquat, pussy willow, and quince for prosperity, sesame for sweetness, narcissus and King mandarin for good fortune, and peach blossom for longevity, with a splash of blazing red of dragon's blood… to help you scare away the rampaging Nian.
I can't say I smell tangerine or King mandarin, nor coconut (fortunately, I don't like coconut in my scents) and I certainly don't smell chrysanthemum. I think I may smell peony. Dragon's Blood? Not really, but I can imagine it in there. 
(On a side note: I still have to find out how dragon's blood becomes a part of a perfume. I have been told the resin is dissolved in frankincense or sandalwood essential oil, but the dragon's blood I bought refuses to be dissolved. It may be a poor quality of dragon's blood. Or perhaps I should heat it. Or perhaps it is not done like this at all.)


The first time I tried Water Dragon I didn't like it very much, it seemed almost like candy! But today I tried it again and I fell completely in love with it. Now I want more of this yang water dragon, more than just a decant. 
How can I describe the scent? In a way it reminds me of watermelon, a watery fresh fruit scent. And when I think of watermelon, I think of watermelon turmeline.


 







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten