woensdag 13 juni 2012

Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono


If you have read my earlier posts about this lady, you may remember that she smells of peony and vanilla. She was the reason why I bought a peony plant for my garden, a Peonia lactiflora Sarah Bernhardt (picture below, this is not my own plant). Sadly enough the plant lost the branch with its largest flower bud because of a mysterious rot at ground level. And now the three other buds seem to have dried out. I have seen this kind of browning of flower buds on one of my roses, blush noisette, when she has had too much rain. And we have had a lot of rain lately, so perhaps Sarah suffers from rain as well. I don't know. But it seems that I shall not have any peonies in my garden this year, or I must buy a new plant already in bloom. I may even do that. Or ask one for my birthday, which is in two weeks time.




Earlier posts:
http://scentwise.blogspot.com/2012/03/lady-in-speckled-pink-kimono-this-is.html
http://scentwise.blogspot.com/2012/05/lady-in-speckled-pink-kimono-peony-in.html

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten