zondag 10 juni 2012

Lucy's Kiss


I was going through my tin with scents that need a better home and found that I still had this one. I thought I had given it away in a small birthday gift. Most of the scents that I select to pass on are scents I don't like at all, but I remembered that I had added this one as one I could do without because it was not very special (and because I disliked the vampire adoration association). And indeed it is a rather simple rose scent, but today I enjoy that. So Lucy's Kiss is back into my stack.


Indeed because of the vampire adoration it was very hard to find a picture that is not distastefull, with Lucy's mouth drooling blood and fangs showing. There are very many pictures of recent remakes of the movie and of fans making their own images. I am not sure if the photograph I used is from the original movie. It looks old enough to be, but I have once seen it as a part of my photography lessons and I seem to remember images of less quality. So perhaps this too is a remake. 
Created to represent the essence of Bram Stoker’s tragic heroine, Lucy Westenra. Seductive, wanton and deadly, but underscored with a soft, wistful innocense. The gentle scent of rose and a blend of Victorian spices.
I don't know which spices would be considered Victorian and I don't really recognize any. What I smell when it is fresh is a green rose scent, and I think green means that I smell the rose as well as the green leaves of the plant. Or perhaps it is the smell from the small 'glands' that some of the older roses have. I was thinking of Chapeau de Napoleon for instance. 




I must come back to this if I smell something different when the scent has really dried down. I did not smell much when I started writing this so I reapplied. Perhaps this means that it fades rather soon. Or perhaps it could not bear the sun I have been enjoying. After all, this is a scent named after a lady who was turned into a vampire.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten