zondag 17 juni 2012

Blood Rose and Black Rose




I have quite a few rose scents, but most of them came with my very first imps and I haven't worn them for quite some time. So today I wanted to smell them again and I could not choose so I am testing two at the same time. I have Blood Rose on the outside of my wrists and Black Rose on the inside. And that, perhaps, was not a very good idea because now the smells mix before they reach my nose. But when I lift my arm to my nose I can choose which side to smell.


To begin with Blood Rose is quicker to reach my nose than Black Rose. Perhaps because she is on the outside of the wrist. While I am typing that is the side that is upwards. But the scent is also more volatile I think. I think both have rosewood as well as rose.
Blood Rose: Sensual, robust, and silken: voluptuous red rose bursting with lascivious red wine and sultry dragon's blood resin.
Black Rose: Exquisitely melancholy. The background scent to an ancient exequies. Heavy, dark and floral: a blend of roses, with a touch of amber and musk.
I have more scents with a wine note, but the wine in Blood Rose smells more like red currant than like wine to me. It is a sweet fruit note and I think it is a little too sweet for me.  So perhaps it is not red currant, because they usually don't strike me as being sweet. 


Black Rose too seems to have a note I do not see described, I think I smell violet here. There is a powderyness too, which makes me prefer the Black Rose over the Blood Rose. But they are both nice. 


Interesting is that although they both have the word Rose in their name, neither scent is in fact a strong rose scent. Two, Five and Seven has a much stronger rose in it. So does Lucy's Kiss. And Elisabeth of Bohemia too. So I am not smelling like a rose garden today, in spite of the fact that I am testing two rose scents.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten