zondag 24 juni 2012

Pearl Diver


Pearl Diver is a Villainess scent. Villainess makes primarily products for facial and body care, but they also have a small line of oil based perfumes and my friend jarvenpa sent me some samples of these. I was very curious about another one that I shall discuss some other time because when I tried it the first time it was too sweet for me. The next day, which was the 22nd of June, I tried Pearl Diver, another one I was rather curious about. 
A delicate play of bergamot and jasmine, orchid and violet, over a sensible wash of sandalwood, and salty kelp.
Very interestingly I recognised immediately a type of scent I usually do not like, yet this particular variety I found myself liking. I liked it enough to reapply when it wore off. Although two days later when I picked up a piece of clothing that the scent had rubbed off on, I did not as much like the remains. It was closer to those scenst I do not like.
I can not yet say what makes this scent different. I am not very willing to test a lot of scents that I usually don't like, only for differentiating purposes. And I don't like the Pearl Diver enough to want a bottle of it. Not yet, anyway. But I'll wear her again as long as the sample goes.


The Pearl Diver, if you did not recognize her from the picture, is the Ama, the Japanese woman who dives without any diving gear or air tanks, to gather oysters and other sea food, but they have become famous because of the pearls that can be found in the oysters. Amas can continue their diving job well into old age and in fact the older women can stay submerged longer than the younger ones. But they usually have another job as well. It is believed that women are better equiped for this work, because the way body fat is distributed  on a woman's body better protects her against the cold of the sea water.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten