vrijdag 31 augustus 2012

Megaera


Megaera, the jealous one, is one of the three Erinyes, the avengers of Greek mythology. The other two are Tisiphone (the avenger of murder) and Alecto (unceasing in anger. When Cronus castrated his father Uranus and dropped the genitals into the sea, the sisters emerged from the blood while Aphrodite was born from the crests of seafoam. Their waists were entwined with serpents and their eyes dripped with blood, so they weren't exactly a pleasant sight. Unfortunately the painter left these little details out of the painting above. In Roman mythology these sisters are the Furies.

The BPAL scent left me with an unpleasant surprise. I think I chose the scent because of the grapefruit note and at first I liked it, very much in fact. 
Orris, black amber, bergamot, plum and grapefruit.
But after some time it seemed to force itself upon my nose, a thing I have only experienced with synthetic scents. Synthetic scents I can't wear because they seem to push and force themselves in and drive me quite mad. Megaera did the same. Now it may be in the nature of a Fury to drive people mad, but that is not why I wear a scent. So I had to wash Megaera off, which went fairly easy so I don't think she has any synthetic components. But she was quite a shock to me, even without blood dripping from her eyes. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten