woensdag 29 augustus 2012

Semiramis


I like this picture of Semiramis better than the pictures I could find through Google, perhaps because this picture fits the scent, which is still:
Red musk, pomegranate, orange blossom, and melon.
It is interesting that this time I do not smell the melon first. I think it is the red musk I smell first now, the melon seems absent until my skin has warmed the scent or perhaps reacted with it. Then it flares up (if melon can flare)  and it stays for a long time, so long in fact that I began to wonder if it were a natural scent. Obviously it can't be an essential oil of melon as there is no such thing, it must be an accord. Perhaps it will show up as the single note of the moon some time. The imaginary melon must have orange flesh, because this is to me a very orange scent. It may have red musk, but the scent is a vibrant orange.

The history of Babylon's Queen of War can be read here:  The story of Semiramis as told last May. It can be read there that after her death Semiramis was worshipped as a goddess, thereby acquiring many of the characteristics of Ishtar. So the painting below depicting Ishtar, although a little more red than orange but as vibrant in colour as the scent is, will not be out of place here.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten